Polychrono is located on the east side of the peninsula Kassandra and lies between the villages Kriopigi and Hanioti.
From Thessaloniki Airport, it takes approximately 1,5 hour to arrive in Polychrono.
The history of Polychrono begins when Eretries came in the peninsula of Kassandra and founded the "Neapoli" (New city). In 540 AD. the village was totally destroyed by the Ounous. During the 11th century farmer-breeders were living in this region and they build the village "Polichroo". It was named like this because of the many colored flowers. During the revolution of 1821 AD. it was completely destroyed by Turkish. Some years later a few survivors that had resorted elsewhere build the village again. They named it Polychrono.
Polychrono, which belong to the Municipality of Pallini, is the quieter choice of resort in the Kassandra peninsula. Many village houses are built in traditional style, with wooden balconies, stone walls and red tiled roofs. The village has a beautiful sea front and lots of little roads leading to it with various shops and taverns to visit.
Polychrono combines a traditional village, which gives the resort its name (Very old), with a popular seafront promenade with cafe bars and taverns along its length. The main focus of attention in the evenings is the seafront taverns and fish restaurants.
Polychrono has a number of hotels and accommodation, modern music bars, local super markets, bakery shops, art and craft shops, pharmacies and ATM. The resort can get crowded in July and August.
The beach with crystal clear blue waters of the Toroneos Gulf together with the olive trees and numerous pine forests found throughout the area offers a magnificent
Check our list of Polychrono hotels, apartments and facilities.
Have you been to Polychrono? Write a review.